Owning your own business gives you the free hand on how you want to brand and sell your products. But as any experienced business owner will tell you: it doesn’t end there.
There’s an entire new process that you need to master in order to get your products to sell. And this process is…wait for it…none other than DIGITAL MARKETING. And in this day and age of internet and mobile devices, it’s DIGITAL MARKETING that you should be learning about and implementing if you want to beat your competitors by a huge margin.
Experts predict online shopping will amass $370 billion by 2017. Forrester Research revealed this has been an ongoing trend since 2012, when online retails sales volume was at $231 billion. Moreover, Forrester also revealed that more than half (53 percent) of people in the US shopped online in 2011; and in 2016, experts predict this figure to grow to 58% in 2016.
With the massive potential of online marketing, you’d think everyone’s on it. But, surprise, surprise! According to a survey by Yodle, only half of small businesses have websites! Just about 34 percent use some form of CRM and marketing; and even more shocking, only 1 in 10 small businesses know how to harness the power of social media or digital marketing to promote their products.
Key Metrics About Adding Video to Quickly Ramp Your Search Rankings
If you wanna beat your competition fast, you’ll wanna know that 2015 is the year of video marketing, as many experts will agree. A little more than 188 million people in the US watched a whopping 52.4 billion videos in December 2013 alone! The average American watches about 19 hours of online videos in 2013, and this figure is surely getting higher by the day.
Faster internet and higher bandwidths are largely responsible for online video’s growing (and prevailing) popularity these days. What’s more, humans are also hard-wired to prefer visuals: the brain processes video 60,000 times faster than text.
Here are 4 MUST KNOW reasons you should use video:
- Web visitors are 64 percent more likely to purchase from an e-commerce site after watching a video.
According to Bytemobile, more than 50 percent of traffic on mobile devices is generated by videos.
- Videos are also the most shared content on social media sites, like Twitter, and you don’t need anything more than an iPhone and iMovie to make a low budget video for your site.
- Video content exponentially increases your chances of first page rankings by 53 times.
- A recent study by Cisco cited that 69% of online traffic will driven by video by 2017.
4 Benefits of Marketing Automation Over Email Marketing Tools
There are many marketing technologies out there, but out of that heap, marketing automation is also this year’s rising star. Many confuse marketing automation with email marketing. But to the seasoned marketer, the difference is huge.
An email marketing software simply allows marketers to send mass emails and track open rates. A marketing automation software does so much more than that. It boasts of powerful features such as multi-step features, analytics, and lead scoring.
Here’s 4 factoids you’ll wanna know about marketing automation:
- Marketing automation increases sales productivity by 14.5 percent and reduces marketing overhead by 12.2 percent.
- Send the right message to the right person at the right time based on their behavior. Marketing automation enables your communication to become more personalized, while building trust and reducing sales reluctance. It also makes processes that you would have had to do manually, including sending emails about products, sales and more, to customers so much easier by automating them for you.
- Lead Scoring. In addition to knowing which emails were opened and which were deleted, now you and your sales team will know which leads are ripe for spending time on to call based on the prospect reaching a specific score.
- Drive your sales process with less touches. It takes website visits, email clicks, content downloads and more into consideration and allows you to deliver marketing messages at precisely the right time to accelerate a potential client’s decision making process and encourage them to do business with you.
Video marketing + marketing automation = WINNING COMBINATION
Integrating video content and marketing automation into your strategy can significantly help you improve results, allow you to produce more content even with a small team or limited budget, target better prospects, and elevate your lead generation efforts. Adding a simple video in a lead nurturing email helps boost email click-through rates by 13 percent.
Intrigued about how marketing automation can affect your business? You’ll be amazed at the endless opportunities it can bring in terms of productivity and profits. Ask us today!